Friday, March 1, 2013

Week 27









How far along: 27 weeks 

Sleep: 
I slept surprisingly well last night.  In general however, my sleeping schedule kind of sucks.  My little man has just been kicking so much that it wakes me up.  

Maternity clothes: 
None. Debating whether I should buy a few more stretchy pants or what not.  I can still fit some of my jeans and such underneath my belly but its tight and it makes my poor baby uncomfortable.  Apparently my hips must've gotten bigger and widened out because I tried to pull my pre-pregnancy shorts over my hips and just could not do it.  Guess i'm not gonna go back to that 0-2 immediately.  That's alright though, my goal after pregnancy is to get back down to maybe a 3-4 instead.

Cravings: 
I finally got that bubble drink :)  Poi is my go to food as well. I crave brownies but that doesn't mean that I cave into the crave.  I wish I craved healthy food.  I usually end up eating healthy food over anything else but in my heart I'd def prefer to shove a twix in my face over a nutrigrain.

Dimensions
37 1/2 Inches (95 cm) around the biggest part of my belly. I currently weigh in at 130 lbs. Holy tolito, apparently i'm going to forgo the recommended amount of weight gain.  I wasn't supposed to surpass 135 at time of birth.  Seeing as to how i'm at 130 now and I have two and a half more months to go, looks like i'll be hitting the 140 mark at birth. 

I wish I thought to actually measure my belly prior to this point.  My pre-pregnancy dimensions for my waist was 19 inches around.  So WOW that's quite a big difference.

Symptoms I have: 
Heartburn.  I'm not sure if EVERYONE has heartburn in pregnancy but man oh man it just radiates down to my knees.  I eat small meals now, I don't eat anything past five in the evening and I've been straying away from fatty foods.  Why I still have the load of heartburn at night is beyond me.  

Movement: 
Oh my, he is a very active baby.  Two days ago was his most active day to date.  He literally did not stop moving for the entire day.  For the most part he was sumo kicking me rather than his usual little kicks.  

Belly button: I'm an outie.  Grateful for the fact that I don't have any stretch marks.  I don't quite appreciate that dark line though.

Best moments of the week: 
Evening walks with Alex through Ho'omaluhia

Random booty dancing moments :)

Accomplishments:
I did a whole lot of nothing this week.  I'm trying to get used to not working as much and I'm finding it really difficult to not get bored.  I don't want to use the ton of gas considering that it takes nearly a $100 to fill up the car.  Its difficult to find time with friends who are extremely busy.  I need crafty ideas to stay busy.  

Put up the curtains/curtain rods

I found this wonderful blog here.  I got a bread maker so I can start making us some homemade bread.

Looking forward to: 
I don't really know.  I am looking forward to another birthing class this weekend but all in all the monotony of having nothing to do is getting to me.  I need to find a hobby, friends (with time) or both.

Side notes:  
I feel like I've been pregnant forever.   I really want to meet my little man already and realizing that I have at least ten more weeks to go is kind of discouraging.  

My husband and I really really really wanted to have a home birth but decided that we couldn't drop an extra $3000 or so to deliver at home.  Needless to say when one of the couples in our birthing class announced that they were doing a home birth, we were a little jelly.  

More specifically an at home water birth was our dream. There are no hospitals/birthing centers or anything of the sort that offer a water birth here in Hawaii.    

Thing that need to get done:
I need to get on top of finding a doula

and also a pediatrician 

I wrote out my birth plan but I need to finalize everything on it

Pre-register at the hospital


No comments:

Post a Comment