Friday, April 5, 2013

Week 32



How far along:  32 weeks 

Sleep: 
I finally find it necessary to take a nap in the middle of the day. Yup, I said it...a nap.  Anyway, I get up to pee a whole lot but otherwise I seem to sleep fine.  Unless of course my son decides to really hurt my ribs.  Oh and I had a really weird night the other day.  I was sleeping on my left side curled up to my hubs and for some reason I put my hand on the right side of my stomach and it was absolutely flat.....I mean really really flat, which made me shoot up out of bed freaking out with the thought "wheres my baby?!" but of course he was just very very very condensed to my left side.  When I sat up, gravity forced him to move back over to the middle-ish of my belly.

Symptoms I have: 
I just feel big and tired.

I guess the biggest thing is the fatigue.

I've also noticed mood swings lately.  For instance, I get really sad over nothing at all and super irked over doing things I do every day (like parking the car.)

Itchy belly.  As time goes on, the bigger I get and the itchier my belly becomes.

Not sure if this is a symptom or just something I have to ask my doc about but i've been noticing red blotchy itchy spots on the back of my fingers and hands.  

Maternity clothes:
None.  I just look like a mess whenever I leave the house.  There really isn't a way to get over that without buying new clothes and I simply refuse to do so.  I can't wait to fit back in my old clothes.

Cravings: 
I am definitely over my burrito craving.  One trip to the fish taco place out in Hau'ula and that was fixed up quickly.  Water is the one thing I just cannot get enough of, I always feel thirsty.  I really wanted to make coffee cake so I could eat some but I ended up meeting up with my girlfriend.  I'm craving a venti decaf white mocha, but can't quite afford to be getting those.

Fruit.  I could really get into the idea of biting into a papaya or mango.  Even some coconut water would be nice.

Dimensions
39 1/2 inches around. 
Pre-pregnancy dimensions for my waist was 19 inches around.

Note: Doc said to watch the weight gain, I only have 5 lbs left of leeway between now and when I give birth.  I don't own a scale, so I really only have an idea of how much I gain when I go to the docs.

Movement: 
My little man is his usual active self.  He's been especially active around his daddy lately.  For the first time Alex was able to feel him literally elbow me a big one and drag it across my belly from one side to another.  Alex thought the baby was going crazy and freaked out a little about it since he's used to feeling the small movements and kicks.

I like to be able to put my hands on top of my tummy and be able to identify what little body parts i'm touching of his.

Belly button: I'm an outie.  No stretch marks.  

Best moments of the week: 
Alex has begun to read bedtime stories to my baby.  The best story so far however, was the one he made up about a little lady bug, his grasshopper friend, the great silver utu-atu and princess peach.  I love how I can feel their connection whenever he talks to baby.  Alex will talk towards my tummy at different areas but baby will squirm and move around till he's right by Alex's lips.  Usually while Alex speaks, baby will literally kick his lips and move around by his daddy.

Got to meet up with a few of my friends this week including Amber and Victoria.  I was also able to see my family for a bit here and there as well which was really nice.

Side Note:
The other week I had a spotting scare and my doc noticed that I had some sugar in my urine.  She said she normally wouldn't order a retest but given the circumstances she felt it was better to be safe than sorry.  I retook the one hour test and did not pass it. I'm kind of really sad about that.  Anyway I have to do the three hour test next week, so wish me luck in that category.

Also, we set a date for the baby shower! April 20th. I can't wait because its the last thing that needs to be done before he arrives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment