Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Week 24







How far along: 24 weeks 

Sleep: Up until recently I was having THE most difficult time getting some sleep. I had put off getting a body pillow out of sheer laziness, even though all the mamas out there highly recommended that I get one.  Once I finally went out and bought one, I realized that it was an amazing investment and everyone was right.  I can now go back to sleeping great.  The only thing though is that I do wake up at least once a night due to the fact that I either have to pee or baby is kicking up a storm in my belly but usually both reasons are imminent.

As a side note as well, my dreams are extremely vivid now days and I can almost always recall them when I wake up. 

Maternity clothes: I really haven't bought any maternity clothes, if anything I just grabbed a couple of cheap tshirts (like the one i'm wearing above) in a medium instead of the usual xsmall or small. Due to my rapidly expanding belly I will definitely have to get some new pants/shorts and such now that i'm down to wearing my stretchy clothes.

Cravings: Ice cream.  Been trying not to indulge but I had it twice this week :(

Symptoms I have: The need to pee pretty much always.  Mild cramping in the lower abdomen during strenuous activity. 

Movement: My baby boy has been moving around a whole lot lately.  Some days he's more mellow than others but I can still feel him kicking and squirming in there by the hour.  I love love love being able to feel him move.  Also I find that he tends to be really active between after 2am-3am.

Belly button: Still an innie

Best moments of the week: 
When Alex was actually home during a really active period of baby's kicking and got to lay his head to my belly and talk to his son.  The first time Alex was able to feel the baby kick constantly.

Wedding reception.  We got to see plenty of old friends and family this past weekend which was a blessing made possible by my family.  Although I rarely get to see most of my friends I realized that no matter how much time we spend apart (in this instance roughly three years) it seems like nothing at all has changed when we get back together.

Looking forward to: 
Making baby blankets for all the expectant mamas.  I have four to make as gifts, two boys and two girls and a bunch to make for my own little man.  I just need to go find me some pretty looking fabric.

Spending time and catching up with old friends.  My goal is to MAKE time for friends this year seeing as to how I've been spending so much time on work/bills/husband/family.  I need more balance in my life and reuniting with them recently reminded me how much I miss everyone.

AC Ponics.  My husband and I run an aquaponics company here in Hawaii and I am looking forward to working on the foundations of the business and meeting up with my AG friends whom I also miss dearly.

Moving, and being able to set up baby's room.

What I need to get done: 
Find moving boxes

Look up a car so we can sell our truck

Open a new checking account

Get organized, seriously I need to get me a planner.

Make a daily schedule I can actually abide by

No comments:

Post a Comment