Sunday, May 19, 2013

Week 38




How far along:  38 weeks  

Sleep: 
If the contractions aren't painful enough to keep me from sleep, I can actually sleep decently.  I wake up a few times for potty breaks but beyond that its okay.  I've also been having very vivid dreams lately. For instance, I dreamt that Alex and I adopted a ten year old kid....weird.

Symptoms I have: 
I've been having a whole lot of false labor.  Physically speaking, this has been a rough week for me.  Several nights this week I had crazy sore false labor.

Emotionally speaking however, this week has been much better than last week.

Okay so I've been walking the butt load lately (approx 5 miles or more at least) which has resulted in very very swollen feet/cankles/calves.

We try to go to the beach pretty much everyday to help out those swollen feet.  Alex has tried to massage them as well which is a nice gesture and feels good but doesn't do much to help the swelling.

I've been eating the ton of pineapples and trying to get the whole sex thing to work but alas, real labor has yet to start.

I can't wear a bra because I now find that it kills my back big time.

Oh man I'm emotionally unstable.  Apparently any little minuscule thing can make me cry.

I wish there were real signs that guaranteed the onset of labor.  I've lost my mucus plus/bloody show, I've dropped, I can feel my sons head bounce up and down when I walk.  I just wish it could be the real thing.

I also thought that my water bag was leaking but we got it checked out and its fully intact.  Since I had to do the exam anyway for the water bag I figured I'd have my doc check me (which wasn' t the original plan) as of Friday I was 2 cm dilated.  Its nice to know that those uncomfy nights are at least amounting to some progress.

However as a side note, I do think that this week will be the week :)

My little babe has officially passed all the dates both his mommy and daddy wanted him to pass.  He will officially not be sharing any close relative/friends birthdays and he is also now a Gemini Snake, same as his father.

Maternity clothes:
Basketball shorts and hubs shirts.  I do hope the stretch marks will fade into light lines.

Cravings: 
Pita bread w/hummus. Cinnabon Chillatas.  Ice.

Dimensions
40 1/2 inches around.   I'm not gaining any inches or anything around my belly.  But the fundus measurements are coming in at 38 cm.

I'm up to 150.  So therefore I've gained more than the "recommended."

Movement: 
He moves around a good amount from time to time and I enjoy it.  I find his little movements to be reassuring.  I realized that he can't move during contractions. 

Belly button:
Outie

Events of the week:
My ankles/calves and so on got quite fat the day before mothers day and my blood pressure was high as well as my blood sugars.  Therefore just to be on the safe side, we went into the hospital under doctors advice to get monitored.  I was particularly worried about preeclapmsia since my mother had it with my sister.  We went in rather late in the evening and were monitored for roughly four hours or so.  I took blood test, urine test, so on and so forth and it turns out everything was fine.  There was no protein in my urine so it was okay.

I had thought my water bag had sprung a leak on Thursday so we went in to get it checked out.  My water bag is still intact and as of than I was 2 cm dilated.  Later that same day, lost the mucus plug.

Since we were in the doctors on Thursday, my OB also decided to check my fluid levels which were all up to par but we also got to see his little face!

Mothers Day - Originally Alex had wanted to take me to watch the sunrise with some cocoa to start the day but given that we had spent the entire previous night in the hospital we decided that we would sleep in and get some rest instead.  Turns out the morning was very rainy so had we gotten up, we probably wouldn't have been able to see anything anyway.  Given the weather, we decided we'd spend parts of the day with our families so we had breakfast with his family and lunch with mine.  For dinner Alex got me some flowers and made me portobello mushrooms with asparagus and potato fries with a bottle of apple cider.  Oh and he had also gone to Liliha Bakery the day before to get us some cocoa puffs! I was a spoiled mama that day.

Briana and Donovan's going away party. - Good food. Sad to see them leave but excited for their little family to start their own adventure.

We went to my families house to troubleshoot their aquaponics system and my husband built a tent for them to shade the system.  In that time I got to hang out with my family for a little while which was really nice.  My sister really likes to feel my baby kick and will patiently rest her hand on my belly until he decides to move around.  She's super cute and I miss my sister a bunch on a day to day basis.  I thought it was funny how my sister told me that I should simply ask my son in a nice way to come out.  It just made me laugh.  Also my mother commented on how my baby will probably be dark cause "alex is super dark!" Oh man that made me laugh too, he's dark and toasty now from the sun/beach but as a baby he was a light skinned blonde little thing.

We got a new high efficiency washer and dryer which we found to be a ridiculously exciting event.

We passed the guessed due dates of half of my family at this point.

The way Alex and I count the weeks is a little different.  For instance I am currently 38 weeks and 2 days today however, since the 38th week is technically over, we count it as the 2nd day of the 39th week.  All in all its the same thing but it just makes more sense for us to think of it that way.

Oh and my belly button now points to the floor.  I'm assuming that means he has dropped even lower.  However, my mother in law keeps on insisting that I haven't dropped at all, which is irritating to say the least.

Speaking of in-laws, their planning on making us some meals for the first week home with baby which is super super thoughtful.  We have everything prepped Ezykiel, now all we need is you!

Its pretty cool to think that even if he decides to hold out to the very end I'll have him by next Friday, not this up coming one but the Friday after.

*I got Alex's bday present today :DDDD  I'm really glad I thought ahead cause I don't think I have many more opportunities to sneak out and get his surprises.  I went while he went diving with his friends.  Matter of fact, I hope he's going to be bringing home some uhu tonight. yummmm.

Looking Forward To:
Real Labor

There is quite a whole lot going on this up coming weekend with everyone around me.  I'm planning on not participating in any of it given that if I don't have a baby by that point, I am going to be extremely uncomfortable.

My family and a whole lot of family friends are going to spend the weekend camping at Malaekahana. I hope they have a blast and it seems like they're gonna have a really great time.  I wish we could go but it is SO far from the hospital and I'm praying that I'll have him by that point, meaning that my little fam would have to stay home anyway.  If I were to go into labor down there it would be the most uncomfortable drive ever and everyone would be fussing over me so it seems unnecessary.  By the way camping is my ALL TIME favorite thing to do.  As of now, I can't imagine sleeping on the floor of a tent :( Having contractions with everyone around would be weird.

On another note, the aquaponics convention is this Saturday as well.  Really, that is where my husband and I should be this weekend.  We just decided that we weren't going to invest the money into going and participating since its so close to our due date.  I've also been missing our friends from  aquaponics, Reyn, Ness, Kaika, Dex.

Tomorrow I'm going to drop by my old work to see my friend Shelby :)

This week I'd like too:
Scrub my tub and deep clean my kitchen

Wrap Alex's bday gift

Figure out what the heck we're gonna do for fathers day

No comments:

Post a Comment