Thursday, May 2, 2013

Week 36

So much Belly


These are technically 35weeks6days



How far along:  36 weeks  

Sleep: 
It is hot every moment of every second of every day no matter what!  I really don't sleep great anymore, and it kind of blows my mind to think that i'll have to deal with it for the rest of the month.

Symptoms I have: 
Some seriously painful kicks at times.

I'm starting to notice swelling, especially in my feet at the end of the day.

My whole body hurts sometimes, particularly under my shoulder blades and my lower back.

I pee quite a whole lot

Maternity clothes:
None technically still.  Just forgoing clothes in the comfort of my own house and wearing really loose outfits when I must go out and about.

Cravings: 
My cravings for coffee and sweets is getting ridiculous.  I almost feel like its all I can think about the moment my mind switches to any form of sustenance.  Coffee I don't cave however I have caved this week with sweets.  I shared some ice cream with my mom yesterday, I had some banana bread today and at my baby shower I ate cake!

Dimensions
40 1/2 inches around.   I noticed that i'm no longer gaining inches around but my doc says i'm measuring perfectly.

Gaining about a half a pound a week.

Movement: 
Still have an active baby in my belly. Speaking of which here's a short video of him kicking me that I tried to capture.






Belly button: I'm an outie.  

Best moments of the week:
All in all I actually had a wonderful week.

I had my baby shower last weekend and I had a blast catching up with family and a couple of friends. I really appreciated all the thoughtful gifts as well.  I even got a gift of silk pajamas for this mama. :)

I've been walking everyday with Alex after work and its been wonderful.  When we get home he reads to baby, last night we read Oh the Places You'll Go by the one and only Dr. Seuss.

I got to spend some time Sunday with my mom, sister and Jordan.  We went out to go eat at tsukijis and man oh man did I stuff myself silly.  I even got my bubble drink since I drove all the way out to Ala Moana.

I had lunch with my grandma yesterday and got to chit-chat with her and I even got to hang out with my mom a bit during the farmers market.

I finally taught myself how to crochet and made my baby his little beanie.

We picked strawberries in our system!

We more or less finished up the main aspects of baby's room.  We ordered everything else that we needed and are set to go.  Speaking of which

Looking forward too:
Tomorrow! Alex is taking the day off to go see the eye doctor and finally get himself some new contacts so we'll be spending the rest of the day at the beach.

Brunch on Sunday with my in-laws at Haleiwa Joes

Working on the Kapolei aquaponics system on Saturday.

Getting really excited to meet my baby, I'm hoping he comes in a couple of weeks  :)

Side Notes:
Just got home from the doctors and she went over all of the potential emergencies and such.  Otherwise, baby is head down and ready to go.  Next week we'll start checking to see my progress and I'm glad to know that I can still follow my birth plan even with the GD.  During early labor I have to check my sugars once every four hours and than once every two hours in active labor.  I have to control my sugars more during labor and my numbers need to below 110.  If they should go above 120, I need to go into the hospital.  Also, as a side note, if my water should break my doc doesn't want me to wait more than two hours to come in.  Take my time getting ready to leave and drive over calmly but don't wait too long.  My doc will actually be out of town this next week so I won't be seeing her to the monday after Mothers Day.

Some moments of happiness throughout the week :)

Picked some juicy strawberries out of our aquaponics system :)

No Make-Up + Belly + Strawberries



Made my baby a beanie he can wear when he comes home
Now I'm working on a matching one for his daddy <3
Short hair!

Sisterly-Love

Prepped all of babys cloth diapers and have everything set to go

Including the same rocking chair Alex was rocked in as a baby
I am currently missing being this skinny.  I really am hoping and praying with all my heart that I can get back to this size pretty much ASAP after I have baby.  I was at a size 1 - 3 so i'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.  Oh and also I've always been the girl that ate whatever in the world I wanted to eat and didn't have to worry about it.  I really hope that it'll still be that way post prego.




No comments:

Post a Comment