Friday, August 21, 2015

Bijou Cleo Review



Bijou Cleo Review



Bijou Cleo - Size 6 cotton/tencel blend
Age/Size of wrapper and wrappee
I am 23 years old, 5'0 ft 115 lbs; 
my son  Ezykiel is 2 years old, 28 lbs and 35 inches. 

My first impression of this wrap is that the design is very simple, beautiful and in my favorite color orange.  Upon feeling the fabric it is beautifully textured and buttery soft.  My first thought was that it would be a little warm for Hawaii weather considering the humidity lately has been insane.


I put Ezykiel up in a double hammock with a salt water finish for a short half mile walk in town.  The wrap was very very easy to work with and although I imagined the wrap to slip (as cotton tends to do) it was sturdy and easy to adjust.  After about 20 minutes or so however, I did find that I needed to bounce him back up and readjust.  Ezykiel is really quite heavy at this point and I have yet to find a wrap that is truly toddler worthy and doesn't loosen at all over a decent period of time.  


The wrap was wonderfully cushy on my shoulders and I enjoyed wearing it immensely.  I used to test for a bunch of wrap companies but I haven't in awhile because I haven't been wrapping Ezykiel since I don't wear him often anymore.  This wrap changed that and made me re-fall in love with wrapping.  It was both a stunning and comfy wrap. As far as the humidity and heat go, it was surprisingly breathable and breezy considering that I thought it would be an oven on my back.  However I wouldn't recommend wearing this particular wrap for heat inducing activities like hiking in Hawaii but it would be perfectly fine for a quick walk to the grocery store and back.


I'm not sure if this particular colorway will be available but I'm very excited to see the other colorways that will be released in this particular wrap.  



Pros: Beautiful,  easy to adjust, buttery soft and cushion-y on shoulders, would recommend for beginner wrappers
Cons: A bit warm, would suggest doing carries with only one pass for the heat, not toddler worthy over long periods of time. 

If you are going to wear a heavier toddler, I personally think a double hammock and its varieties are the only way to go.  I tried to do a reinforced ruck and it was comfy for a few minutes but quickly loosened with his weight.  I also did not to front carries with this wrap.  Due to my small stature I do not like to wear heavier babes on the front regardless of the type of carrier because the weight really hurts my hips.


No comments:

Post a Comment